www.flickr.com
items in 2010 Life Path Challenge More in 2010 Life Path Challenge pool

Friday, July 9, 2010

My Prayer Sanctuary

The little sign in the upper left actually says "Prayer Garden."
I am participating in a link up with another blog that was having all the participants show their own individual places of prayer. I've also had folks ask me to show more of the garden than just the individual flowers. Well, my yard is large so this really is just a small part of it, but my husband brought out the beauty. He's a very good amateur photographer. The garden is the place where I feel so close to God because of his beautiful creation. What I do there to maintain it is not really work to me. It is joy and it is escape from the hustle bustle of the world. We love to have people over to enjoy it with us. Afterall, it was all a gift from Him. If you'd like to see some of the other bloggers and their prayer spots go to this blog: http://ioweitalltohim.blogspot.com/ or you can click on the title. You'll be blessed if you do.

14 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh Coleen,
This is so beautiful--and I'm so thankful that your husband took the picture...it looks like something from a magazine....How serene and inspiring it is.
I'm so glad you linked it up! I know that it is a blessing for people to be able to see this special space...
Hugs,
Cindy

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Oh, my gosh! How beautiful!
I love your garden~
Have a wonderful evening!
Leticia

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful garden you have, and I know what you mean about being able to commune with God in it. He has definintyly blessed you and your husband with the gift to garden.
Margaret

Faye said...

Wow, not only is that a place of inspiration, it is in itself an inspiration to me. I think next year I'll plant lilies. I had some at one time. I think the deer must have eaten them so much that they just didn't come back any more. Your garden is beautiful.

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful garden. A source of peaceful inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

Legacy of Love said...

what a heavenly garden you have! LOts of work I'm sure but absolutely beautiful.

nannykim said...

Very pretty!

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK for the Sandwich Generation said...

Sooo lovely! What a beautiful place for long and short, simple Scripture prayers.

Coleen said...

Thank you all for your kind comments. It is a place of joy for me. My husband mows and takes pictures in the yard. I garden. It was once raw forest when we bought it 13 years ago. The Lord has blessed.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Coleen~ this is just lovely...so peaceful! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your nice comments!

Rebecca Ednie said...

I love the wild and free feel. so soothing!

Unknown said...

What a lovely place to pray you've created. I'm inspired!
Laura P.
laurapallatin.blogspot.com

Delicate Eccentric said...

Oh wow... can I just move into your garden?! Stunning and I lovelovelove the lilys!!

LittleOwlette from Swap-Bot

http://delicate-eccentric.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Coleen, if I could figure out how to do this, I would add my place of prayer as well...but this is beautiful. So serene, so quiet...surely any heart could become quiet here!
Blessings~

/* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ .pin_it_button { overflow: visible; width: 51px; height: 26px; margin-right: 1px; font: normal normal normal 11px/normal Arial, sans-serif; background-color: transparent !important; background-image: url("http://assets.pinterest.com/images/pinitbutton_sprite.png") !important; color: #CD1F1F !important; background-position: 0px 0px !important; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat !important; cursor: pointer; } .pin_it_button:hover { background-position: 0px -27px !important; }