www.flickr.com
items in 2010 Life Path Challenge More in 2010 Life Path Challenge pool

Monday, August 23, 2010

What Lovlies I Received!

These lovelies are a swap I did with Roz from the U.K. The swap was for a 4x6" vintage card in bird theme. I'm altering a book in that theme so I have several lovely pieces to put in it from Roz. It was such a delight to receive her package as she did two pieces instead of one and tied them together with lace. Such a lovely presentation.
This is the back side and I love butterflies. The flower is cut from papers with lovely Christian sentiments. The great fun of swapping is seeing and learning from the techniques of others. Then I teach some of those same ideas to the ladies here in Ukraine when I do my card or scrapbooking classes.
Isn't this a pretty tag? I love the image and the sparkly letters. Roz did both sides so it is hard to decide which side to display at home. Just have to rotate. This was an extra from our swap. What a blessing of generosity.
This is another side of the tag. Here Roz did a glassy technique on the vintage picture. I'll have to get her secret. It was so pretty.

Even the letter I received had such a cute bird picture on it that I had to save that as well. Maybe it will go in my bird book.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you coleen for displaying my work on your blog. this is the first time i have seen my work displayed- thrilled.x.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Coleen said...

What a blessing these were for me. I"m going to have to do a butterfly book to put the tag in. Been thinking about that anyway, this is just the kick to do it.

Anonymous said...

I love that flower made from vintage book pages! Inspiring work!

/* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ .pin_it_button { overflow: visible; width: 51px; height: 26px; margin-right: 1px; font: normal normal normal 11px/normal Arial, sans-serif; background-color: transparent !important; background-image: url("http://assets.pinterest.com/images/pinitbutton_sprite.png") !important; color: #CD1F1F !important; background-position: 0px 0px !important; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat !important; cursor: pointer; } .pin_it_button:hover { background-position: 0px -27px !important; }