www.flickr.com
items in 2010 Life Path Challenge More in 2010 Life Path Challenge pool

Thursday, December 8, 2011

THE DELIGHT OF CRAFTING

Many of you know that I have a ministry of teaching arts and crafts here in Ukraine. We have been here for 17 years, but I have only done this the past 13 or so years. It started with my sitting in church not fully understanding the Russian language yet, when the light bulb came on one day, I thought I could do crafts with the kids. I never have been good at sitting for long periods so this was perfect. Now I speak the language well enough to instruct them and communicate most of what I need. The shot below is some of the little ones with the proud pieces they will take home. I just love it when they are so happy about what they created. It is my joy to share this with them.


5 comments:

Faye said...

You have a wonderful craft ministry, Coleen. The little one look like they are loving the time with you. And I'm sure the ladies of the church do too.

Anna Schüler said...

you do a fabulous job as a craft ministry and I guess is joy and fun for teacher and the little pipil too. '#m very interested in what you do over there and is'nt it great, the internet and the blogworld make us connect all over the world...

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you have a heart to serve in this way, to share your creative gift with others.

Coleen said...

Thank you sweet ladies for you encouragment. It is so appreciated. Nice to know someone reads these blogs.

Chris said...

They all should be proud because of the beautiful creations they're taking home. What a joy to see it in their faces.

/* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ .pin_it_button { overflow: visible; width: 51px; height: 26px; margin-right: 1px; font: normal normal normal 11px/normal Arial, sans-serif; background-color: transparent !important; background-image: url("http://assets.pinterest.com/images/pinitbutton_sprite.png") !important; color: #CD1F1F !important; background-position: 0px 0px !important; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat !important; cursor: pointer; } .pin_it_button:hover { background-position: 0px -27px !important; }