www.flickr.com
items in 2010 Life Path Challenge More in 2010 Life Path Challenge pool

Monday, August 24, 2009

Ukrainian Independance Day



Today is Ukrainian Independance Day. We are having a quiet day at the house. It is nice to have my husband Jeff home. In my kitchen I put a door where a window once was so we would have access to the back yard. Of course, it is a glass door so I can look out into the yard. Everything is so nice and green now, but I know it won't be long before it is a beautiful white landscape. Makes me all the more appreciate that today three white butterflies twirl around in a lovely dance back there. I've tried to plant flowers that attract them. I plant the flowers and Jeff and I both photograph them. It is as if we are trying to capture their beauty, as if we are trying to hold onto the moment, but alas it is only a few days and they fade. It is a reminder that our time on earth is also very short, like a breath of air and we are gone. Oh for the glory of what is yet to come and the memory of what is behind. Photo by Jeff Franks in our garden.
/* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ .pin_it_button { overflow: visible; width: 51px; height: 26px; margin-right: 1px; font: normal normal normal 11px/normal Arial, sans-serif; background-color: transparent !important; background-image: url("http://assets.pinterest.com/images/pinitbutton_sprite.png") !important; color: #CD1F1F !important; background-position: 0px 0px !important; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat !important; cursor: pointer; } .pin_it_button:hover { background-position: 0px -27px !important; }