www.flickr.com
items in 2010 Life Path Challenge More in 2010 Life Path Challenge pool

Sunday, August 21, 2011

COLEEN'S GARDEN


Just wanted to share with you some of the beauty of my summer garden. I had the most spectacular blooming of Peonies in early May. Fuller and more abundant than I've ever had. April was a normal rainfall month to bring them on, but after the first week of May there was no rain the rest of the month and so this abundant showing was short lived. Of course, I watered, but any of you who garden know that watering is not the same as God's mineral filled showers. I decided I must do an altered book on my garden so I can preserve these lovelies in a place I can enjoy when I'm old and gone from here. Our lives are often short lived like the peonies so preserve your relationships with those around you. They may not be there long. Blessings on your day.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flower! I'm glad you got pictures to remember it on those wintry days.

Debra LeeBerry said...

This is a beautiful Peony, especially this color. They are one of my favorite flowers. I have one in my back yard that is probably close to being as old as this neighborhood which was developed in the 1920's. It's a start a neighbor gave me a couple of years ago, a white with pale pink. I would love to some day find a Peony the color of yours, sssssooooo beautiful! :-)

Blessings!

Ritobear said...

Wow! Gorgeous flowers!!

I remember growing up around Seattle, Washington and we had the most beautiful flowers there, too. It's so hot here in Arizona, though, that spring flowers are usually gone by early May.

I love your garden :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I have grown my very 1st roses this year so I can understand the need to photograph them ;0) Dxx

Coleen said...

"Need to photograph?" It's not a need, it's an obsession because I am so enraptured by Divine Creation and all the beauty God has made. Who couldn't believe in a Creator when you see something like this.

/* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ .pin_it_button { overflow: visible; width: 51px; height: 26px; margin-right: 1px; font: normal normal normal 11px/normal Arial, sans-serif; background-color: transparent !important; background-image: url("http://assets.pinterest.com/images/pinitbutton_sprite.png") !important; color: #CD1F1F !important; background-position: 0px 0px !important; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat !important; cursor: pointer; } .pin_it_button:hover { background-position: 0px -27px !important; }