www.flickr.com
items in 2010 Life Path Challenge More in 2010 Life Path Challenge pool

Friday, August 28, 2015

BEAD BRACELET MINISTRY

It is my privilege to do this "Bead Bracelet" ministry.   It started years ago.  People would send their cast-off jewelry that we would re-purpose into craft projects.  I had bead necklaces that started to accumulate.  Finally I thought maybe I could do something with them besides craft projects.  So now when I receive such I cut apart and put them into little baggies, as you see on the table above.  The girls work on paper/plastic plates to keep beads from going everywhere.  This was a teen camp, but as you can see here, we had all ages. Every time I do this the ladies/girls are always so pleased to have a new bracelet (girls will be girls, right?) and especially that they got to make it themselves.  I told them these beads were an expression of God's love because people from the west care about them and send the materials for us to do this.  Thank you to you who have done so.  I couldn't do this ministry without your help.  It is always a blessing to see their smiles and they all say thank you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sure it is a blessing to those who contributed the bead and old jewelry to see the faces of these beautiful young ladies creating something of value to them. How wonderful is that!
Blessed be the teacher.....

Coleen said...

THANKS, Carolyn. It is my joy. I love seeing how their faces light up when they create something for themselves.

/* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ .pin_it_button { overflow: visible; width: 51px; height: 26px; margin-right: 1px; font: normal normal normal 11px/normal Arial, sans-serif; background-color: transparent !important; background-image: url("http://assets.pinterest.com/images/pinitbutton_sprite.png") !important; color: #CD1F1F !important; background-position: 0px 0px !important; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat !important; cursor: pointer; } .pin_it_button:hover { background-position: 0px -27px !important; }