www.flickr.com
items in 2010 Life Path Challenge More in 2010 Life Path Challenge pool

Monday, April 18, 2011

MAIDEN OF THE DAWN


This is another art journal page I did while traveling the U.S. on missionary furlough. On the left page I glued down a used dryer sheet to make the maiden recede a bit. I used a plastic doilie and spray mist to achieve the halo around her. Wording: "Help me to unearth the passions of my heart that lay buried in my youth." By Ken Gire

Right page: Laid the wet doilie from left page down and did a light spraying on both pages. All in red. Wording: "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

Hope you like it. Would love to hear what you think. Coleen

5 comments:

Avalon Cat Cartoons said...

Hi! Found you through a blog hop and now following. I hope you can follow back also; I'd appreciate it so much ;-) Have a lucky day!

trisha too said...

Oh, yes, the plastic doily trick is one of my favorites!
Your pages are lovely, Coleen!

:)

Laurie Jefferies said...

I've never tried the plastic doilie trick but it is beautiful! I'll have to add it to my list of things to try :)

Anonymous said...

I love the look the dryer sheet gives, so ethereal. Your doily placement was "spot on" for the halo effect. Lovely pages, Coleen.

Gio said...

Love this page!!
Your blog is wonderful, thanks for sharing your art!

/* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ .pin_it_button { overflow: visible; width: 51px; height: 26px; margin-right: 1px; font: normal normal normal 11px/normal Arial, sans-serif; background-color: transparent !important; background-image: url("http://assets.pinterest.com/images/pinitbutton_sprite.png") !important; color: #CD1F1F !important; background-position: 0px 0px !important; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat !important; cursor: pointer; } .pin_it_button:hover { background-position: 0px -27px !important; }