www.flickr.com
items in 2010 Life Path Challenge More in 2010 Life Path Challenge pool

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

10 Days to Glory

Well, not quite, but after 10 days with no gas heat we now have a new heating system that includes hot water. I lingered in the hot shower today and that truly was glorious. Given that we are to reach about 27 degrees Fahrenheit (-5 celcius) tonight I am so thankful that it is finally all working. One thing about being without is how grateful you feel when you achieve something you didn't have. Don't we take a lot for granted? I know I do. And each time the Lord sees fit to remove something from my life and leave me wanting, I hope to remember it is a lesson in gratefulness. I can either complain about my life and what he's given me (or taken away)or I can use it as a lesson to grow. Simple things like heat and electricity are so easy to take for granted, but after going 15 days without electricity once, I try not to do that. So today I am grateful.

No comments:

/* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ .pin_it_button { overflow: visible; width: 51px; height: 26px; margin-right: 1px; font: normal normal normal 11px/normal Arial, sans-serif; background-color: transparent !important; background-image: url("http://assets.pinterest.com/images/pinitbutton_sprite.png") !important; color: #CD1F1F !important; background-position: 0px 0px !important; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat !important; cursor: pointer; } .pin_it_button:hover { background-position: 0px -27px !important; }